
Every time my younger brother and I talk on the phone he asks me if I have watched an episode of ABC's new sitcom "Modern Family." This week I finally tuned in and interestingly enough the episode centered upon one of the family's on the show trying to procure an iPad for their father for his birthday. The iPad is jokingly referred to as a "toy" for grownups, but the episode did get me thinking about what one could really use the iPad for. I started looking up reviews, and one that I found that was enlightening was the Huffington Post's. They outlined the "9 Worst Things About the iPad." And many of the criticisms i found valid, I'll discuss some of them below:
2) No Multitasking- If a user wants to listen to pandora and look through his/her photos at the same time she is unable to. Not being able to run multiple programs on a device like this I find to be a major flaw, especially when most people will use it on the go in order to be able to multitask
4) No USB port- since the iPad aims to replace one's laptop, not having a USB port is a major inconvenience.
7) iPad Doesn't Support Flash Player- Therefore any website that employs flash will not be compatible with the iPad, another major inconvenience for a product that is expensive and aims to replace one's laptop
Though this seems to be a negative review, I do really like a lot of Apple's products and have faith that they will improve later versions of the iPad, it will be interesting to see what users primarily use it for once time allows more thought out criticisms and praise to come streaming in.
These are valid criticisms. How are you suppose to charger your iphone on an ipad? I think apples product should be built to work with one another.
ReplyDeleteI agree Stephanie and Martine. Apple should try to make it easier for people that have other Apple products besides the IPAD. I am surprised they were not able to do this. It would annoy me not to able to multitask on the IPAD since I am a huge multitasker.
ReplyDelete